Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

November 24, 2014

Dear mum [must be the influence of her companion from New Zealand],

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! I feel so happy!! I got the wedding invitation! It looks great! I'm so excited for them!!!

"I wanted to show you all what my typical outfit is these days...
Sometimes i have an extra coat on and a snow cap."
 I have been FREEZING!! YES!! After my mission, we should go to Mesa to see the Christmas lights and then to to DISNEYLAND!!!

I look forward to the Christmas package! Thanks mom!!

I have been dreaming about you a ton this week! Its kind of a little upsetting... Like, I'm not homesick, but it's kind of startling to be with you and then wake up to the alarm clock and realize I'm states away :/ but I'm happy where I am and I'm loving being a missionary :)

I am so happy for all my Black Swan Youth Theater friends [that were cast in Barlow's play]!!!! I bet everyone was great too!!

I started tearing up at your story about the YSA boy!! That is the best!!
Anyway, I really love you mom. I am happy This is my first Christmas away from home so please keep me in your prayers this holiday season. I will be fine, but I also know the power of prayers and I am sure I will need that power this next month.

Sorry it took me so long to email!!! I will explain next week!

Love,
Sister Brady

Letter # 2

Dear dad,

Thank you thank you thank you for the advice. For now it is going out of my mind [after mission concerns] till the last three months.

Hahah So i think I might have sleep apnea... Both Sister T**** and T***** and I have noticed that I stop breathing when I sleep. I usually notice because I wake myself up with a huge gasp for air! It hasn't been bad the last few days though. Sister J***** called the doctor though and he told me to try Benadryl to see if that helps. She said "if anything, you'll get a really good night's sleep!"

This will be the third thanksgiving away from home for me... So its no big deal. I'm used to it :) also, our members here are really sweet. I am eating with three families the S******* family, the G family, and the F family... Its going to be a full thanksgiving!! 

P.s. Thanksgiving at Disneyland was probably my favorite thanksgiving

Letter # 3

Dear family,

I walked a 5k this morning. Well, i ran some of it... I cheered on Sister T***** the whole time. I think she was embarrassed... Bahahahaha.

Also, i wore my Rudolph sweater the entire time!! I'm glad i had it!!

I HAVE BEEN FEELING IN THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!! 

"Also, i realize i look utterly unimpressed in this picture, but in my
defense i was on the brink of getting sick so i didn't feel very
well... But i love the tree!!"


And i am so excited for thanksgiving! We have three dinner appointments! Bahahaha! Good thing I ran/walked a 5k today!

The church has a new video on gospel library! It is called "He is the gift" go watch it right now! It is under "Holiday videos!” It is fantastic! 

I feel happy and grateful to be a missionary. This is the best time of my life!!

I hope everyone has a good thanksgiving :)

Love,
Sister Brady



No comments:

Post a Comment