Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 9, 2015

Me And My Companion!!

Dear Mom and Dad,

Wut? My [college] applications have been sent? Wow that was super fast. I'm glad. Now we don't have to talk about it anymore :) thank you so much for helping me with those!!

I want to buy dads car (or the red car) when dad finally decides to get a new car... Yeah? [Yeah, not in our plans . . . ]

I love Emily sooooo much!! Right now one of my goals is to do everything I can to help her get to the temple. It's my dream to have all of my siblings there when I get sealed/married (or for all of us to be there when Emily gets sealed/married... Cause there is a small chance I miiighhhttt get sealed/married before her. :))

Please keep me in your prayers a lot this week.

Thank you so much for the iPad!!! [Missionaries had to purchase their own iPads – Happy birthday, Easter, Christmas . . . ]

Oh hey, this is important!! Don't send me anything for Easter (I don't know if you were planning to or not haha) but don't do it if you were!!! Also, just so you know for future references... I can't read anything unless its on the mission library or on the gospel library app... So please no books :) 

Actually I think I am going to send a package home of some of my stuff that I have acquired. They are things I want to keep but I really don't need as a missionary and I don't want to keep lugging it around... I kind of figured since I've been out for a certain amount of time this would be a good time to send a few items home. So keep an eye out for that.

Sister R**** is from south Carolina. She has been out about 5 months and she is going to Provo after her mission (everyone is going to Provo after their mission)!

That is a cute story about you being the favorite prophet!!! Bahaha!! That is hilarious!! I would LOVE that calling!!! [One of the primary children raised their hand and said that Sister Brady was their favorite Prophet . . . we were looking for answers like Danial, Adam, Moses, Jonah and so on . . .].

I think I might start practicing some EFY songs and Strength of Youth songs that I can belt. And then I will belt those songs for F**** the Broadway dancer.

Batman and Loki are real to me. [Don't ask.]
We were meeting some new members in the ward and I used one of the spiritual thoughts you had sent me a few weeks ago. So thank you for sending those!!

Today we played laser tag with our zone and with some extra missionaries that we invited (the APs and the ASL Elders) There was about 30 of us. It was AWESOME! We played three games and on the last game I got 4th place!!!!! The top three were all Elders which means I was the best Sister... Haha not that I'm competitive... And our team (team blue) won all three times!!

And Elder J***** (the deaf elder) decided to do the "hurricane machine" but he thought it would be better if a Sister did it because the hair would blow around. So I jumped in. (I will send the videos)

Hahaha I'm sorry about the justserve project! You will be blessed for your service!! [we are pretty sure all the plants we planted got dug up – they were little tiny plants that no one could see – may have to be subject matter for our Christmas letter . . . ]

I love Disneyland. Let's go to Disneyland mmkay?

Me and My Companion!


I love the book of Mosiah. That is the book I am studying right now!!

I love being a missionary. Nothing has made me happier. I wish I could do this for the rest of my life. Oh that I were an angel.

This church is so true. I want you both to know that I have such a strong testimony of the gospel. I know that our savior lives. I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can all be forgiven and become better. I know that because of the atonement we can find peace in a troubling world. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet and he leads the church. I sustain him and I will follow him because I know that God will never let him lead us astray. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet of God and that it was through him that the gospel was restored. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is so good and so true!! I feel spiritual strength come to me as I read it. Those prophets and people are real! And I cant wait to meet and thank all those who helped to keep those records!! I love the gospel. I love the plan of salvation. I love that I have a loving Heavenly Father. He is real. He is there. I know it. I cannot doubt it. And I will always proclaim this truth to everyone that I meet.

I love you mom and dad.

Love,

Your Missionary Daughter
Sister Brady


No comments:

Post a Comment