Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 15, 2014

Dear mom and dad,

Yay!!! I'm so happy dad got a job!!!! That is so awesome!!! Trufflehunter sounds really good right now :) I'm hungry. That would be super cool if dad gets to to go to Thailand!!!

I'm doing the speaking thing where I speak the words into my ipad and it writes out what I say and sister T**** thought I was speaking to her at first.... Technology.... Ha ha...

To change the subject: how did Emma's auditions go?? What the heck is "back chills" or "bone cold" or whatever it's called? Is it a comedy or a drama? Did Emma get in? Also, Annie Get Your Gun sounds super fun!!!! McCarty thought about doing that for when Tali was a senior. Who is going to be the lead this year? And I am so excited that Emma is gonna sing in that Christmas thing!!!

I played a ton of sports today. It was super fun!!! I have never had more fun playing sports than on my mission. Dad, when I get back in 10 years we will play all kinds of missionary sports! Like KBall and Chicago fire, and chair soccer! And you can teach me how to play other sports (like full court basketball ;))

We taught some really great people this week! The O******** family is the one with a daughter serving a mission. We taught the first two points of the restoration (in chapter 3 in PMG (perhaps you've read it? :)) and we are trying to commit them to come to church... We are also trying to get the ward to be better fellowshippers, but I think they are just so hesitant since there haven't been any baptisms in the ward for so many months.

The other guy we are teaching is super super golden with only one thing that could stop him from being baptized. He was super cool and said that if any Christian church were true, it would be our church because of the Book of Mormon (he's read it 3 times). He had an amazing friend who was a super pro member missionary. This guy has also read all of the Work and the Glory books (not doctrine...) but because of it he believes Joseph Smith was a prophet, and because of that, he's pretty sure the Book of Mormon is true..... We've committed him to pray and ask God to know these things are true. :). He's seriously awesome! But when we taught him the first lesson this week, we brought a laurel [16 or 17 year old girl] with us (cause we needed a third female)...... And we realize now that we should not have..... Hahaa..... remind me of this story and I'll tell you more in the future.....

P.s. Don't worry, your daughter is safe :).

I love sharing the gospel!!!!! Being a missionary is THE BEST!!!! I am so happy to be here serving the people of Mesa!! I know the gospel is the only way back to our Heavenly Father and I know that it is the only way to everlasting happiness!!! I love you all so much family!!! Make the right choices so that we can all be in the celestial kingdom together!! Because I think I would cry every day if we weren't all together!!!

I love you mom and dad. You are such a blessing to me. I just love you both so much!!!! You have raised us well in the gospel. You are an example to me of how I want to raise my kids.

I love you!!!


Love,
Sister Brady



Erica says she is Sister Mermaid!


No comments:

Post a Comment