Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Friday, November 20, 2015

November 16, 2015

Me and Sister B :)
 Dear Mom,

Oh my goodness!!! Emily!! That is so scary and it made me feel sick reading about what happened! Wow, I am so grateful that she is okay and that her eye is going to be okay. I wish I could hug her and I wish I could have been with her! I probably would have been a mess though! How did you handle it mom?

I did find the video!! It's called "This Grand Opportunity: Elizabeth McCune and the first Sister Missionaries". Look it up! It's awesome!!
Me, Sister S****, and Sister E**** starting our exchanges :)
Haha I love Henry! Wow I can't believe how old my nieces and nephews are getting! That's going to be a real shock! Are they going to be at the airport in April?[Erica's word for December]

Yes! Can we seriously go to Washington! That would be so fun!!

I do have sheet music for Mary's Lullaby!! :D I love that song so much!!

So I live with members for the first time ever on my mission. It's nice. I miss having roommates but I love getting to see the kids every now and then. They love to tell us about their day and one of them
thinks I am super funny and laughs at all my jokes. He's awesome.

Here's what my week was like:

Monday:
I was able to get a blessing from Bishop. It was really sweet and I really needed it. I am so grateful for priesthood blessings! I'm not gonna lie, on Saturday night last week when I was feeling like I needed a blessing I really wanted one from Dad, but it is so nice to have people here who have become like family to me. Bishop is one of the most incredible people I've met here. But still I'm really excited to be able to get Father's blessings again :)

Tuesday:
I don't remember what happened on Tuesday...


Wednesday:
We had zone training meeting. They asked me to bare my testimony (which is weird, because I don't get home till April, but of course I graciously agreed to share it). And so I got up to share my testimony
and I started speaking... And I burst into tears. I really didn't even share much. Just that I know that our Savior lives and that he truly did sacrifice for us. I love our Savior. That is probably the most
important thing I've acquired on my mission. A deep testimony of Jesus Christ.

Thursday:
I went on an exchange with Sister S***and Sister E***! They are good, hardworking sisters. It was great to be with them.

Me holding the tsum tsums!! :)
Friday:
I GOT A PACKAGE!!! We also went to visit K*** (a potential investigator) at the dry cleaners and he said that he would do any of our dry cleaning for free! Wow!! I don't even own any clothes that need to be dry cleaned! Haha, actually I think I have a coat that can only be dry cleaned. He said he expected us to come back with clothing. He is so kind! Everyone here is kind! Mesa is amazing!

Saturday:
A**** GOT BAPTIZED!! Yaaaayyy!! She is so sweet and her testimony was so sweet and simple. She is incredible and such a good example to her parents. I just know that her mom will get baptized soon. And the whole baptismal service was awesome and it was a "Preach My Gospel" baptism!! Also, our whole zone sang at a funeral and the spirit was really strong. It felt like angels were singing with us. I love getting to be a part of the army of Helaman. I really feel a great since of gratitude to be serving a mission at this time with these missionaries. And we had Stake Conference. President and Sister Jenkins spoke. I love them. So much.

Me and A**** at her baptism!! So wonderful!
Sunday:
Stake conference again! It was very good! I received the prompting that I need to marry someone who will take me to the temple. Not just for our sealing, but someone who will go with me frequently to the temple. Someone who really loves the temple and wants to take me there with him!

Okay I love you mom! I really really love you!!

Love,
Sister Brady

Me and Sister P*** fitting into a giant trench
coat that we found 
at the clothing exchange!
Dear Dad,

Bummer that BYU lost :( I hope they win the next two!! Go BYU Provo!! And Go Ducks! I love my ducks :)

I can't even remember the last time I went to Seattle. It was SO long ago!! I remember going to the space needle and wanting to go to the spinning room so bad, but it is a restaurant so we didn't go in :/

Oh wow! Singing and speaking! Wow. Well, let me know for sure if I will be speaking on that Sunday or the next because my topic may differ depending on when I speak. I mean, I know they will assign me a topic, but the emphasis of my talk my differ depending on the week. But I am so happy that I might get to sing!!! I love Mary's Lullaby!!

How wonderful that you felt the spirit so strongly. I am so grateful for my patriarchal blessing. I am so grateful that I can turn to it and be guided by God as I make major plans in my life.

I am so sorry for Steve Dimick. That would be so hard. I will keep him in my prayers.

I just can't believe what happened to Emma! How did it even fly off? Did someone shake it at the party? Wow, I am so glad she isn't hurt more than she is.

I love you too Dad :)

Love,
Sister Brady  

No comments:

Post a Comment