Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

September 7, 2015

I took this. God made it. #nofilter

I ran into this kiddo from my first area.
His aunt just moved into the ward I serve in right now
and as soon as I saw H**** I recognized him!!
He is so big now and he can walk!!! So cute!!
And usually he is really shy but he wasn't shy at all with me,
which makes me think he 
remembered me a little.
 Hello dear Mom,

Thank you for the school pictures [Shelly here - pictures of the library displays Emily and I did – and pictures of the new library I am working in]!! Everything looks awesome!! Let me know how this week goes!! Does school start Tuesday or Wednesday? I am so excited for you!!

This dog thinks that these chicks are it's puppy. 

It will spend most of it's day just watching the chicks...
This week has been really good! We met with F**** last night and had an amazing lesson about how God is our loving Heavenly Father :) D***** made us all laugh really hard because Brother S***** asked "What things has your father F**** taught you?" And D**** said, "Oh, so many things. He taught me how to breathe-" to which F***** made this face like “I taught you how to breathe???” and so we all busted up laughing and someone else pretended to hold a new born baby and said dramatically in it's face "Breathe!!! Breathe, son!!" And we just were all laughing so hard. But it was seriously a great lesson. The spirit was very strong and it was completely led by the spirit because we had to totally change our lesson plan right when we walked in the door. I love missionary work!

Another picture from the light rail service :)
And M***** GOT BAPTIZED!! And she was so sweet! When she bore her testimony she said that the first time she came to church she sat in the back and looked around and she said it felt like "coming home". So sweet! And right after she came out of the water she looked at Brother O***** (the one who baptized her) and exclaimed "Thank you!!" I shared the "coming Home" story in my testimony in another ward on Sunday because the reason we feel that way at church is because it is God's church and he is our Father, so of course we feel at home in his home! :)

Helping prepare the mesa temple for Christmas lights!!
And we had a lesson with a new investigator on Tuesday! Her name is B**** and she is so excited to be baptized, so we set a date for October 24th. She is 14 years old and the first thing she asked us when we sat down for the lesson was "how many lessons would it take for me to be baptized?" And when we asked if she would prepare to be baptized on Oct. 24th she looked as though she couldn't believe that this was really happening. Also, after we shared the first vision we told her that Joseph had been called by God to be a prophet, and her face was glowing, mom! Glowing! You could just tell she believed!! The spirit was so strong! I love being a missionary and getting to share these truths with others!!

Companion bonding time during a lunch break.
We are so cute! Haha!!
Is Girl Meets World good, Emma?

So if Gordon and Katrina don't move until January, does that mean they will be at the airport when I get home? :D

Emma, was MacBeth good?

Street of Dreams 2017?? I get home in April 2016! We could do it in August 2016, Mom!!

That's great that Aunt Genevieve went to the Baby Brady's Blessing!! What did she think of church?

Okay, does it feel like Christmas to you? Because all week it has felt like Christmas to me. This happens every year. It always starts to feel like Christmas to me around September time. I've pretty much been drinking Hot Chocolate every day this week!!

Okay I love you Mom!!

Love,
Sister Brady


Letter to Dad

Dear Dad,

Yes M**** got baptized and it was so beautiful!!! 
Playing the piano with A*** (M****'s sweet daughter)
M**** just before her baptism! We are so cute!
Except I have no idea what my hair was doing...
Dad, it's spelled "Cierra" not "Sierra" haha! Yeah we were best friends :-/ i miss her :'(

I have only been to the State Fair once, and I loved it!! I want to go again!! I love fairs and carnivals!!

Hey, can we go see the Nutcracker when I get home in "April"? [Erica insists that we refer to December – when she is REALLY coming home as April.] Cause I've never seen it and I really want to!!!

Me holding a really cute chick.
Again, my hair...
Haha funny story with the camera!!! I love those Platt kids!!

Do you remember when I used to smile a lot at home and you would always say "Why are you smiling so much?" Or when I would say "goodnight" to you multiple times in one night and you would say "you already said goodnight!!" Hahaha those are good memories :)

I love you dad!!!! Thank you for your 2 letters!!!

:)

Love,
Sister Brady



I accidentally clogged the Elder's Quorum President's toilet. The single most embarrassing moment of my mission was having to ask Brother F**** for a toilet plunger... But as you can CLEARLY see from the toilet water, I only went number 1!!!! Their toilet is just already broken and I happened to be one of the unlucky ones who flushed it and it clogged :/
A*** (M****s daughter) LOVES Sister M**** and promptly crawled onto her lap during one of our lessons this week. Sister B**** was so quick to snap a picture. So priceless, right?

The mission started a 21 day challenge where we don't eat any sugar.....
These were pictures from the first two days if the challenge.
The white square on the fork is a marshmallow that I roasted over the stove... I have since created really good health goals that include not eating anything after 6pm, only drinking water and milk, and only eating desert if it's at a member's home.





No comments:

Post a Comment