Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

September 14, 2015

The first decoration we've seen for the Halloween season!!
This is Halloween!!
 Dear Mom,
I am soooooooo excited for you and Dad to serve a mission [someday]!! You guys will be a powerhouse and a mighty instrument in the Lord's hands!

A potential Halloween costume!
We got a new investigator this week. His name is P*** and he is a Junior in High School. He is super nice and he was so happy to let us in to share our message. And he already had a copy of the Book of Mormon and he knew exactly where it was! He is so golden! But he is going out of town this next week so we won't be able to see him until the following week :/ so please keep him in your prayers!

Another potential (get it... We're Wolverine! Haaa.....)!!
We also had interviews with President this week. We talked about the Book of Mormon and how it really gives us spiritual strength and power as we study from it daily. It was a very sweet interview and by the end I was crying (a lot) and President shed a tear. I am so, so, so grateful for President Jenkins. I read somewhere that some missionaries are called to a certain mission, and other missionaries are called to a certain mission president. I think I was called to President Jenkins. I really trust him and I am inspired by his testimony of Christ. He is bold but very humble and very genuine. And his wife is so very sweet too!!! I love President and Sister Jenkins!

 I was reeeeaaaaallllyyyy tired on this day :(.
I will be okay mom! It's okay to focus your prayers on all of your children and my investigators :) I mean, I love prayers for me, but I am really doing okay (although that's probably because of your prayers for me haha!)

A picture of the result from our service adventure.[They cleaned an apartment.]
Okay, new rule. We don't talk about my return home at all. Unless it's absolutely necessary... Like when discussing about me going to see family or Katrina being at the airport or me coming to see your classroom or going back to work at the daycare. But no more actually mentioning how many more months I have or that I come home on the 15th of any month. It's TOO HARD FOR ME!!!!!! :'( I mean I love you guys and I am excited to see you, but for whatever reason it really stresses me out to actually talk about how much time I have left and things like that. But I still totally love you guys!!! I just love my mission too. A lot. I am sorry to ruin the fun!!! I just request this for my sanity. And my companions' sanity. I'm just too emotional for this.

A picture from our biking week in August
that I can't remember if I 
sent home or not :)
Yes I really want to hear about Grandma Ferre at the Fair!!! When is Grandma going back to Hawaii? I kind of decided that I so want to live with Grandma and Grandpa when I get to Hawaii!! Will you mention that to Grandma? :D but only if she is okay with that. I just really thought it would be good to have one more semester with her since I probably won't have another time in my life when I live with her!

What is ANT MAN???!??!??? WHO IS ANT MAN????!? I haven't even heard of it!! WHO IS EVEN IN IT???! Why are movies so hard for me????!!!!??!?? Ugh! I hate being out of the loop! Hahahahaha im really okay, because I love serving the Lord more than I love movies.

Mom you are so awesome for being a librarian!!! I am so excited to hear more about it and all of your adventures!!

Mom, tell Emma to wrote me about her first day of school if she has time. If she doesn't that's okay I totally understand because High School is stressful! But I want to hear about what classes she is taking and about what she is learning in drama class and stuff!

 MINI GOLFING!!! SO FUN!!
Wow that is an amazing insight that you received at the training! I am glad you recognized that your attitude makes all the difference! I feel bad for the students who get that one teacher, but I shouldn't judge because I also sometimes feel bad that the investigators get me for a teacher :/ good thing it's really the Holy Ghost who is the teacher!! Which is exactly what you learned from that parable!! I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!!

Well Mom, I really love you. This week has been swell. I love being a missionary. I love you.

Love,
Sister Brady

I love my zone so much :) can I just
always be a missionary?


No comments:

Post a Comment