Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

October 27, 2014

Happy Halloween Week from Sister Brady!
Sister Brady's costume:



Sister Brady wants one of these Jackets:

Dear mom and dad,

     I am really doing okay. I'm glad you got the picture! Sister U***** sent that picture and her husband is the ward mission leader. They have the cutest little girls. 

     Reading about grandpa is really heart wrenching. Did anyone sing or speak at the funeral? I'm glad everyone got to go to the funeral. And I am glad Tessa got to see grandpa one more time, even though she couldn't make it to the funeral.

     I had the opportunity to bare my testimony at church on Sunday in both of my new wards. Haha it's kind of a funny story. The M***** ward had fast and testimony meeting on Sunday, so sister T******* and I bore our testimony. But the HG ward did not have testimony meeting this week. Instead, a girl who was supposed to speak got sick this weekend, so bishop took her place, and then just as he was finishing he said "and since there is still time left I would like to ask sister Brady to bare her testimony because she is new hahaha" in both testimonies, i testified of how serving others helps to make our trials lighter. I testified of the atonement and how it can bring us peace in trials, and then I testified of the plan of salvation. I was so grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony in both wards.
It's been hard, but I'm doing well.

     Tell grandma I love her.

     Sister T****** is great :)

     The Phoenix temple open house was amazing!! And I got to say goodbye to the S**** family. (Brother S***** is less active, but they are working on getting to the temple).
Sister T***** told me that sister O******* finally prayed and that she has committed to pray every day this week!!!! Yay!!!

     TELL GRANDMA FERRE THAT I GOT HER CARD!!! I meant to tell you that when I got it, but then I kept getting sidetracked while reading and writing emails!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH GRANDMA!!

      So we are teaching N**** in the M******* ward. She is engaged to a less active member and they have a son. They are really amazing and have set a wedding goal for the end of November and have the baptism planned for the next day. They are very receptive. We taught the law of tithing and I got to share the story about dad's family and the choice grandma and grandpa made to pay tithing. It was incredible the feeling that overcame me as I shared that story.

     The HG Ward is fun! And exhausting. I have been working so hard at going outside my comfort zone, and I've really been fine the last four months in the family ward, but whoa... Put me in the YSA Ward for 3 hours and I was drained.

 Erica at the YSA ward in Arizona . . . 
ran into a familiar face :)!
Seirra Lindhorst from Gresham!



     Dad's incident at Costco is realllyyyyy funny hahahaha how awkward!! I am seriously cracking up here!!

     I love reading the book Preach My Gospel!!!! Those quotes are so awesome!! I love the chapter about effective studying!!! I am going to now keep a study journal and I am going to incorporate some of the study ideas more into my personal study. I LOVE Preach My Gospel!!

     I LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!!! 

Love,
Sister Brady 

     P.s. Read "Consider the Blessings" Thomas S. Monson. It's really good!!



Letter from Erica (to her dad)
After she heard that Grandpa 
(John's dad) passed away
October 27, 2014




Dear dad,

I love you so much!! I wish I could give you a hug right now. I am
praying so much for you and grandma and your siblings every day. I am
really doing okay. I am happy for the plan of salvation. D&C 138 is a
great section that I have been reading and pondering these past few
days. Grandpa and I are doing missionary work together now. I want you
to know that I have felt his presence as I've taught this week. I have
never felt nearer to him. And I have never nearer to my Savior.

I love you dad,

Love,
Sister Brady



No comments:

Post a Comment