Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015

A rainbow on my head.
One of the Elder's was really excited
and 
took a picture of it.
 Dear Mom,

Can you guess what we did this week?

It was the end of the month, and we were COMPLETELY out of miles in our car. We had just enough to get us to our area and back (an 8 mile round trip).

And then we walked.

And walked.

And walked.

My feet were swollen on one of the longer days.

And a few of my blisters have popped and are bloody. I know, TMI.

But we have seen SO MANY MIRACLES because of our sacrifice and diligence.

We have an investigator who has agreed to take the lessons and she has come to church twice already! And she is just the sweetest person ever!

We also have a sweet member and her husband who are going to drive us to a baptism on Tuesday night. They have been a little less active in past years, but they have been attending more frequently, and they even signed up to feed us this month!

Hahaha, walking really isn't that bad. I am still loving being a missionary. And I've slept REALLY well all week :)

And if you've been watching the weather, yes, we did get well into the 100's this weekend, but you really can't tell much of a difference from 97 to 107. And we saw that we will have weather in the low 90's next week!!! Which is AWESOME!! Because the low 90's feel great! You can definitely feel a difference from 103 to 93. And then anything lower than the 80's becomes freezing. 

Haha, yeah maybe I won't want to walk in the cold December Portland air :) I will probably spend all winter huddled up in a comforter or two.

The M******'s had a tee-pee in their home! Haha...
Oh, but I love being a missionary.

I was reading in Alma this week and I came across one of my favorite scriptures again:

"O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" (Alma 29:1)

But I will be content with being a missionary in the Arizona Mesa Mission :)

Wow it is a blessing/miracle that you did wake up at 3:00am! I am glad Dad got to the airport on time!! [John had a flight to catch and had accidentally set his alarm for 3:30pm.] I hope you were able to catch up on some sleep :)

My cold is not completely over. I don't know if it might be allergies or something? I have a gunky throat and a runny/stuffy nose. But if I drink all my water every day, I usually feel okay (other than the runny nose and the occasional sneezing/coughing) :)

I love the new floors!!! Did you get new hardwood too? Why did you guys put a new yard in?

Michelle had really good advice about Provo!! I love my sisters :) I love my brother :) I love my family :) I want us all to be close. How can we do that when everyone lives so far away? I guess it helps that we have a family email :) I love that thing. But what are some other things we can do? We could have a Facebook group page and include the brothers in law/sister in law!? Or we could make sure we have some kind of family reunion every 2 or 3 years. Something simple. I don't know, I just want my kids to be close to their cousins.

Haha that is funny that you kept calling Seth Sam. Haha was Sam there helping too? Or was it just Seth and Josh? How old are Ben and Abe now?

I loved the pops concert!! What song did Emma sing with her friend?

I'm sad that Mrs. Voorhies is leaving Centennial! But I am glad she got a good job offer!!

Congrats to Emma!!!!!! Yaaaayyy!! I was so excited when I got that award! [Emily won the Outstanding Freshman Drama Award.]

When is Susan's show? Isn't school almost over? Haha, here in Arizona school has been out for over a week, so I keep getting really confused thinking that all of Emily's school things are happening in the summer time :)

Yeah, that was sad to hear of the passing of Elder Perry, but it reminded me of another scripture verse I had read this week. I actually read it the same morning of the day that we found out he had passed away!

"While many thousands of others truly mourn for the loss of their kindred, yet they rejoice and exult in the hope, and even know, according to the promises of the Lord, that they are raised to dwell at the right hand of God, in a state of never-ending happiness." (Alma 28:12).

He is definitely in a state of happiness :)

I am so grateful that we have living prophets :) I am so grateful for the gospel!! And I am so grateful for my savior Jesus Christ and for the Atonement. I love being a missionary :)

I love you Mom!!

Love,
Sister Brady


We put food in the fridge at the church because we live so
far from our area and don't have any miles, and on Sunday we opened
the kitchen door and found two priests standing awkwardly.... One of
them looked like he was chewing food..... It was super funny and we
all started laughing... And then Sister Solipo and I said "oh, did you
enjoy our food? ...Our pizza?" They ran past us out the door and said
"no, we didn't eat your pizza!!"

So then we checked, and they were telling the truth!
They hadn't eaten 
the pizza....
No. They took a bite out of my Haven Burger....
(Their bite is the one 
on the left.)
 I had eaten half of it the day before
when our WML took 
us out to lunch"

A ton of PS(s) - -

CONGRATS EMMA!!!! [C-notes]

Why is she wearing a sombrero? [Emily made it into the top choir and was “kidnapped” by the older C-note members and taken to breakfast . . . but she had to wear a sombrero – we sent Erica a picture.]



Where did they go to breakfast?

Oh I wish I could be there!! [Katrina and Gordon and family just visited my dad in Montana]




I haven't been there since K**** threw his retainer in the outhouse. [This happened in an outhouse in Montana - and yes the sign was there back then too!]



Let's go next summer!!! Book it now!!! Ppplllleeeeeaaaassssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!! [Where? Montana]

I have the cutest nieces and nephews in the world. [all of them]

Oh my adorable. Nice face Emmy :) [Emily's funny face while facetiming Estela]

Loooks so good!! Congrats Emmy!!!! I love you :) [Emily got her braces off today]



Yes, she could be our triplet. [Emily making the Erica and Chris face]



Will you tell Grandma how grateful I am for the card and money!!! And I don't think she needs a new mind!! Emily's name on my card was totally fine!! Haha! I sure love my Grandmas and Grandpas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment