Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Monday, August 4, 2014

July 28, 2014



So we met a 9 year old girl in he ward this week and she loves
American girl and knows everything about it (think of my obsession
with Disneyland and that is how much she loves American girl), and she
told us that they are going to build an American girl here in Arizona!
Cool right?

You all got to see Wicked!!!!! Yayyyy!! I know Emily has been wanting
to see that for forever!!!!! I loved it when it came to Hawaii (thanks
grandma and grandpa Ferre!!) and aunt Rosanna is sooo sweet to have
done that for Emily (Aren't strong willed people the best? Haha)!! And
to connect dad to that CFO guy!!

Sounds like New York was so fun!!!! I love New York!! And Mesa! Mesa
is good too ;)

Oooh I've always wanted to see the Liberty Bell!!! (Or maybe I've
already seen it? Like when I was 4?) and all the other sites of
Washington, D.C.! I think my only memories of that trip are just the
pictures I've seen of me there.... So I should probably go again....

I love getting to have personal study every day. I was studying D&C
section 76 this morning, it talks about the three kingdoms of glory
and what we have to do to receive them, and what blessings/lack of
blessings we receive in each of them. One of the requirements to make
it to the celestial kingdom is to be valiant in our testimony of Jesus
Christ! Here is what Bruce r. McConkie said about being valiant in our
testimony:

To be valiant in the testimony of Jesus is to believe in Christ and
his gospel with unshakable conviction. …

But this is not all. It is more than believing and knowing. We must
be doers of the word and not hearers only. It is more than lip
service; it is not simply confessing with the mouth the divine Sonship
of the Savior. It is obedience and conformity and personal
righteousness. …

To be valiant in the testimony of Jesus is to … ‘endure to the end.’
(2 Ne. 31:20.) It is to live our religion, to practice what we preach,
to keep the commandments” ( Ensign, Nov. 1974, 35).

It is not an easy task, what steps we have to take to become celestial
beings, but that is because The Lord wants us to grow to become like
Him! He does not want us to become mediocre, or just average, He wants
us to become glorious beings who will be able to do glorious things!
And he has a plan that allows us to do just that. As we follow His
commandments, have faith In Jesus Christ, repent of sins when we make
mistakes, and endure to the end, we can become heirs of God's
celestial glory. I testify to you that this is true!!

N****** has accepted the invitation to be baptized and we have set a
goal for August 30th. She also wants her son to be
baptized (he will be moving in to live with her for the year in a few
days). Please keep her in your prayers :)

We got transfer news and I will be in this area for another 6 weeks
and sister T********* is now a sister training leader!

AND I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT KARA AND KEVIN!!!!!!!!! WHEN ARE THEY
GETTING MARRIED!!!!??? AHHHHHHHHH!!!! I did this weird little jog in
place when I found out and then I fell on the floor and then I was
crying. Wow I'm rather dramatic, huh? Also at one point I inhaled and
started coughing really hard and Sister T******* thought I was choking.
It was great. YAYYY FOR KEVIN AND KARA!!!!!

I love you all so much!! (Please ask Katrina if she got the
picture/letter I really want to make sure she got it cause if not I
will draw her another one!)

Love,
Sister Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment