Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 2, 2015


As i walk through the valley with this badge on my chest...
Dear Dad,

Yeah, being a missionary is seriously the best thing that has ever happened to me. I wouldn't trade this time of my life for anything.

I am so happy all the time, and I love the people of Arizona. I look forward to bringing you and mom back here to see everything and meet everyone.

Thank you for your prayers :)

Don't let Emma drive. Stop letting her grow older.

I love you dad!!

Love,
Erica

At Barrows!!

Dear Mom,

Can you send me Elder Eppich's email address? Also, can you ask him what his companions name was? I want to thank them both personally. [For serving missions and bringing me (Shelly) into the church].

Ugh, there is this one elder who keeps trying to keep score during zone sports. I told him no.

Ah!! Nicks birth story is scary!! I'm glad he is okay!!

Yeah, I think I've decided on my career. I want to be a scientist and an astronaut. :)

Wow, your example of scriptural children who used their agency (and your example of even 1/3 of the hosts of heaven) are really incredible. I've never thought about that. That's really sad, but it also shows that even perfect parents, and near perfect parents still have children who have agency!!!

The musical!! I'm so excited!! Send me the results as soon as you know!!  I love the song a ”A Trip to the Library!! Haha that is a great one!! She will do awesome!! I'm so proud of her! Remind her that both Tessa and I didn't get a lead until we were in college. Not to say she couldn't get one in high school ;)

Speaking of Cinderella, are you going to go see the new one coming out? :)

Wow! The house is going to look so different when I get home!! [I am working on a painting inside and outside project.]

I love you mom!! Thank you so much for the uplifting emails!! I love you so much and I am so grateful for you :)

Love,
Erica


PS

1. Can you ask the Hedgpeths if they are related to a Hedgpeth who lives here in Arizona?

2. When is Estela's birthday?

3. Can you please add Sister T**** to my mass email list? And THANK YOU SO MUCH for still writing her. She appreciates it and every time she sees me she always talks about how much she loves your letters.

Recognize this one, Emmy?

Dear Emmy,

I love you so much!! I am so excited for you auditioning!!! I have grown to LOVE auditions. I get so excited for them!! The more you do them, the better you get at them. The best advice I have for
auditions is to learn to love them and don't ever be afraid of them. They are a learning experience. If you keep with that attitude you will learn how to have really good auditions, which are the key to
getting a part that you want.

I know from many, many, many experiences that it hurts like no other to not get the role you want. But remember that half the fun of being in a show is the friends you make.

I love you Emma. I will send more advice next week... If you want it :)

Love,
Sister Brady

Caught again . . . Singing together!! Dont look at the mess on the floor.

Dear family and friends,

The mission had a goal to find 1500 new investigators on the month of January. With faith and the help of the Lord, we found 1631 new investigators. In the month of DEC we found 435. We found 600 alone in the last week of Jan, and we found 137 in the last day of Jan. INCREDIBLE MIRACLES!!!!

Okay, I love the Book of Mormon :)

<3 <3

I am now using my full hour of studies to just read the Book of Mormon. It would almost be unhealthy, except for the fact that it is the word of God and its kind of the most important book on the earth. So, I feel pretty okay about it.

The Book of Mormon is so true, and it contains so many amazing promises. God loves us so much that he has given us prophets throughout all time!! And these prophets love God and so they preach about Christ, His son!!! I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON!! And I love all of you :)

I exhort you all to study it's word daily! ;) but seriously. Do it.

Okay, sorry for the short letter. I've got to go. I love you all!! Thanks for the emails and the letters!!

Love,

Sister Brady

Me and my companion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment