Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Sunday, October 5, 2014

September 29, 2014

Dear Mom and Dad,

I am SO happy! Being a missionary is the best. My companion is the best!! I love her so much <3 Yes we got your cards! 



Thank you so much :) Sister T**** and I were just talking the other day about how one of us for sure has to be transferred this next transfer because we've already been together 3 transfers :( It's probably gonna be me because Sister T****** is district leader. Seriously though, this ward loves us and one family just invited us to Thanksgiving dinner already! Another family invited us to Backyard Taco (a delicious Mexican fast food restaurant)! And my district is the best!!! (It's just sisters, so it's kind of amazing!). But, it's seriously okay if I get transferred because I will be able to grow some more in a new area and there are people in other areas of Mesa that I have to meet :)

Thank you for the Family History Info!! Yeah, it's kind of cool that my Great-Grandpa is pretty much the American version of Jean Val Jean. And I think it's super awesome that you're doing family history for your ancestors too, mom. :) You will be blessed!

Ugh, BYUH. so crazy....

So does the new schedule mean there is no school during the summer?

I REALLY want to go on tour and I REALLY REALLY want to be there for Grandpa's last play!!

Sometimes the thought comes that I should just get my associates at MHCC in elementary education and then transfer to BYU Provo. 

Other times I think I should try to audition for the dance music theater program at Provo. I'm pretty sure I'm receiving all of these thoughts because it just means I have lots of options, and none of them are really the "right" or "wrong" option. They're just all good options. The good news is that I don't have to worry about it right now :)

My problem with BYUH is how crazy everything changes!!! and so quickly!! If I do go back there, it would only be for a few semesters. I will definitely pray about it when the time draws nearer to decide.

But let me know what Grandpa and Belnap decide about the play (and what play it would be). Because that may be my deciding factor in going back. I can't imagine not going back!

Although, sister T****** is trying to convince me to just join her in Provo :) She also has a very good point about how we could drive down to Mesa on short Holidays and visit our old wards :)

When are the deadlines for applying for the 2016 winter semester for any of the BYU's? I didn't defer my BYU Hawaii placement.... so that could be another problem all together.... anyway, we can set a deadline for when I need to decide, based on those deadlines.

Okay I thought of two more items I want sent to me please! My tacky Christmas sweater (we have a few Christmas activities coming up) And my lace up combat boots (yes we can wear them, especially at Christmas Lights in the winter when it gets cold). Seriously, don't even send me a Christmas present. Just send those items (and letters. letters are always welcome), and I will be as happy as a kid on Christmas :)

Speaking of cold, it has been FREEZING these last two days!!! We played ultimate Frisbee this morning for exercise and I was wearing my sweater! Outside! While running!!



Whoa yeah in 3 months and 2 days Kev is gonna be married!!!! Are the plans going well? Does Kara have colors picked out?

OKAY! UMMM...... Emily Katherine Brady.... I have been waiting two weeks now!! to find out the results to your audition, and now I have to wait a whole other week!?? It's a good thing the Christlike attribute I'm working on is Patience :)

Okay Patience!!! Have you read chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel?? BEST CHAPTER EVER!!!! I am working on patience right now. I have read some AWESOME talks about the attribute, and I am reading every scripture under "patience" in the triple index. One talk you should all read this week: "Continue in Patience" Dieter F. Uchtdorf, April 2010. I love learning about the Christlike attributes and applying them to my life. It's not easy by any means, but life is a lot better when you are trying to follow Christ's example.

I love Susan Scott so much! You should totally do the music with Emily H. again, mom, if you don't move, which you are not now!

Grandpa and Grandma are going through some hard stuff right now :/ I keep praying for them and they are always in my thoughts. I love them :)

The Broadcast was awesome! I loved how Elder Uchtdorf said we ARE daughters of God.... but that is not a guaranteed ticket to eternal salvation!! We may be saved by grace, but we have to earn eternal salvation by doing the things God has commanded and by keeping the covenants we have made :) They are starting to crack down at the Women's Broadcast. It was fantastic!!

How is Hank doing at Soccer!! That is so fun that they do so many different sports! I love my nieces and nephews :) Any other ones on the way? Haha jk... but seriously....

Okay I love you all so much! I will write more later today (we are doing an hour now, and an hour later). Right now we are going to go eat lunch with a lady from another ward because she found out about how much I love Christmas and so she also made me a Christmas Afghan and wants to take us out to lunch!! So sweet!!

haha, life is great :)

Love,
Sister Brady

[Note from John explaining some family history to Erica]
Letter from Dad
September 29, 2014
Just a word to say about Great Grandpa Brady [John's Grandfather].  While he had a small family, and during the depression, Grandpa went to work harvesting the wheat for a local farmer.  When he completed the job, which took several days or weeks, Grandpa and the other workers went to the farmer to get their pay.  They were told the farmer had nothing to pay them, and he offered nothing else.  Consequently, he and the others "took" their pay by taking "their share" of the wheat from the farmer that night.  Thus, they were jailed for "stealing."  Doesn't make it right, but at least there's a better understanding of the why.  At least, that's what I heard from Aunt Deb.

Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment