Erica's Missionary Adventures

Erica's Missionary Adventures
Merry Christmas from Mesa!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014
Letter from Erica


Hi Mom and Dad!!


This first almost week at the MTC has been amazing! Such an eye opener for me in so many accounts.


Okay first up, hold up. KEVIN IS IN A RELATIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooppppp!!! I am so happy! After I read it I told all the sisters who were in the room and they were all worried saying things like, "OH no! He'll get married while you're gone" or "oh no! what if you don't like the girl"


And I'm all jumping up and down responding "no it's okay! She was my roommate and I love her!" and "I wouldn't want him to wait for me to get married!" 


But yes I also know the other way this could end. :) Here's hoping for the very best though!


I think about you guys everyday too! I love you all so much and I'm so happy to get emails :) But I'm also grateful for the two years away from home cause it's allowed me to skip the homesickness part of the mission (unless it hasn't hit me yet). Haha, but seriously I'm feeling great.


Tell Sister Timmons I'm so grateful for the journal and that I'm using it every night! I only wish I could have a little more time to write more! I want to remember everything and you know how I love to talk :)


Seeing Tessa was so fun! Estela will be the last baby I hold for 18 MONTHS!! Ahh! I was feeling so funny when I was walking around holding Estela before I entered the MTC on Wednesday cause I looked like (and was) a missionary already, even without the tag!


Speaking of the tag, it was so surreal to put that on on Wednesday! Now it feels super normal.


I love the gospel too!! I have learned SO MUCH in these past 5 days! I can't even believe it! I've also learned how to keep things simple so that we don't overload our investigators with information!


It's cool that you learned about being better Disciples of Jesus Christ on Sunday! Last night we watched an MTC talk by David A. Bednar on Christmas a few years ago about the Characteristics of Christ and how we need to develop those in our lives. The most important characteristic was that we needed to turn outward and be selfless as opposed to turning inward and being selfish.


I love my companion. Like I said, she was on the flight with me to the MTC at the Portland Airport and yes she is going to Mesa Arizona, so we could totally be companions again!!


We listened to Music and the Spoken word on Sunday morning through the BYU-TV channel and it was AMAZING! I loved it!!


My favorite scripture is 2 Nephi 31:20. You can pass that on to to put on the plaque.


I went to the temple this morning. An Elder in my district, Elder **********, went through for the first time today! He initially was going to go on Thursday, but after our Branch Presidency heard how much we wanted to be with him the first time, they asked Elder ****** how he felt about waiting. I'm glad he decided to because he obviously doesn't have family with him here at the MTC, so we got to be like a family for him :)


You guys love Costco.


I love Yoga. We have a 6am class once a week for yoga. I wish it was 6 days a week.


I met Elder ******** (no relation to my companion, but yes it is Aunt Dianne's neighbor!)


I am feeling a little anxious when it comes to meeting with our role-playing investigators here at the MTC. but I need to have faith that if I prepare, the Holy Ghost will put words into my mouth and most importantly will help the investigator to feel the truth of what we teach them.


I'm so grateful for everything you guys have taught me as I've grown up. It has helped a ton here.


I am also grateful for the gift of being able to focus. We're taking in a lot of information in these two weeks (I leave for Mesa on June 17th Tuesday morning) and these are long days, so I'm grateful that I'm able to keep focusing (although I did start to fall asleep in the temple today)...........


Also, Sister ***** and I were called to be the Sister Training Leaders (which is exactly like the Zone leaders, except we are over the sisters.)


That's cool that you met J******* ! Yeah she was in the musical with Kevin and I! She's a sweet girl!


I still can't get over the fact that Kevin is dating Kara. I'm freaking out with excitement and I want to shout it to the world. If they break up, I might be the most sad. (don't tell kevin that haha I don't want him to feel pressured.


I've got to go finish my laundry now but I have more time for emails, so I will send you some pictures next :)


I love you so much!!


Love,

Sister Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment